Saturday, May 8, 2010

Pulling off a suprise party

After all the company left and things got back to normal I was onto my next task, throwing a surprise party for my best friend. Amber turned 30 this year, the big one, so I wanted this one to be special. She is not a real birthday person, but I could tell she wanted a fuss this year. So with the help from her mom and our other friend we planned to have a lunch party while we were scrapbook at the church the Saturday before her birthday. So all week I sent out evites, made food assignments, got decorations and made the grand plan to get her out of there so her guests could come. It was SO hard doing this without her knowing because we do so much together. Every time she would come over or call I was worried it would come out or she would see it. And the night before was the worst. We took her out to the movies and before we left our friend came over to my house to go over what else we needed to do. Well Amber was asking her why she didn't text her back and she was doing such a bad job lying about it that Amber knew something was off. wow, it was hard not to say somethings. Well Saturday came and we all went to the church and scrap booked. Around lunchtime we sent her away with my co conspirator and we got all set up and decorated. I had everyone bring pictures of them with her from her past 30 years and we used them to decorate. Well after a couple of hiccups we got her back and then her guests came out and really surprised her. She didn't see it coming, which is always great! We had a great party and it was fun to celebrate someone that sure means a lot to so many people! The pictures are a bit blurry so you will have to imagine it!

0 comments: